Inspiration / Paper Flower Craft Favourites. I am continuously inspired by the many many diy tutorials for paper flower projects over on Pinterest! Though many can look super complicated in fact it can be simple to achieve the look by making just a couple of favourite crepe blooms, perfecting that style and repeating in different colours. If you then add lots of green foliage to fill out your design it won’t take half as long but still look totally amazing! Below I have shared 6 of my current favourite paper flower craft projects. I have chosen a mixture because I wanted to show that its as much to do with how you style and display your creation, as it is the amount of blooms you create!
So my tips are as follows…
- find 2 flowers or petal shapes you like and feel confident in creating…
- make a bunch of these!
- intersperse with simple shaped greenery and leaves…
- keep your design simple
- create strings of leaves or wire framed garlands to attach your blooms to
- UHU glue or other fast drying tacky glue works best when attaching petals
- floristry tape (waxed) hides a multitude of sins when used to finish/wrap stems
- hang in your favourite spot and admire
Find links to these brilliant images over on Pinterest by clicking through below
- Hanging Graland
- Display by Zoe Bradly via HonestlyWTF
- Kindness Prevails Garland via DesignSponge
- Giant Blooms
- Crepe Flower Backdrop by Lia Griffith
- Flower Garland
If you live local to Nottingham you could also join me for a morning of paper flower crafting on Saturday 20th August at Bee & Bird Mapperly! You can find tickets and full info on the event page here. Please do not hesitate in emailing me if you want to know more about this post, the workshop or anything else craft related at Super+Super!